Audits are back! Following a period of leniency amid the COVID-19 pandemic, the Nursing and Midwifery Board of Australia's (NMBA) expectations for continuing professional development (CPD) have now reverted to pre-pandemic requirements. What does this mean for you?
It’s time to refresh your knowledge of your CPD requirements to help you feel confident you would pass an audit.
- How do you calculate your CPD requirements?
- What is a learning plan?
- How do I select CPD activities?
- Can I document mandatory training as CPD?
- Preparing for an audit and much, much more ...
At the height of the COVID-19 pandemic, the NMBA made the decision to cease taking action if a nurse or midwife declared they could not meet their required CPD hours, acknowledging the extreme circumstances and demands on healthcare professionals at the time.
For the registration period ending on 31 May 2024, nurses and midwives are once again required to meet all CPD requirements. CPD is more than just completing a certain amount of hours. If you are audited, you will need to demonstrate that you have met all of the requirements outlined in the registration standard.
The purpose of this free course is to help any registered nurse, midwife or student refresh their knowledge of their CPD requirements and help them to feel confident they know what they need to do in order to pass an audit.
- Correctly state your general CPD requirements, including the CPD deadline and hours required for your profession, registration type and any endorsements you hold.
- Select CPD activities relevant to your context of practice that align with your self-assessment of learning needs as documented in your learning plan.
- Identify what supporting documentation, reflection and evidence is required in your CPD portfolio, in addition to completing your required hours.
- Confidently prepare for an audit or provide further evidence to Ahpra or your National Board if requested.
All registered nurses and midwives in Australia, as well as students.
No conflict of interest exists for anyone in the position to control content for this activity.