Cancer is a health priority that affects many Australians.
- In Australia, half of men and a third of women will be diagnosed with cancer by the age of 85
- Cancer is a leading cause of death
- Huge advances in cancer treatments have occurred in the past decade with 66% of those diagnosed still alive at 5 years
- Most nurses care for people with cancer
- Nurses need to know about the latest treatments in order to deliver the best patient outcomes
- This conference helps nurses stay up to date on modern cancer care