8:30am - Registration and Refreshments
Welcome, Voicing Your Concerns and What You Need Right Now
Taking a look at why you are here. Connecting with other ANUMs and sharing your concerns. This introductory session will provide an opportunity for you as a group, to share what you need right now from attending this seminar
Frontline Realities for ANUMs
Do you know the difference between leadership and management? Why does this matter? This introductory session will consider why effective leadership is crucial to best practice clinical outcomes when working in the ANUM role. Topics include:
- What is the difference between leadership and management?
- Why does an ANUM position require both management and leadership skills?
- How do you integrate leadership skills and clinical realities?
- How to fit it all in within the working day
10:30am - Morning Tea
Practical Management Skills in Action – Avoiding Role Confusion
It is important for ANUMs to clearly understand what their role is and what is expected of them within the organisation. Clarifying your role as an ANUM can lead to reduced conflict, enhanced job satisfaction and improved patient outcomes. For this session it would be helpful for you to bring a copy of your Job and Person Specification to work with, because ANUM roles vary between different organisations. Topics include:
- What is the role of an ANUM?
- What is your role within your organisation?
- How has it changed?
Leadership Skills in Action – Conscious and Collaborative Leadership
In this session you will discuss a range of examples of leadership for ANUMs: the good, the bad, and the ugly. Includes:
- Discussion of what ‘good’ or conscious and collaborative leadership looks like
- What ‘reactive’ leadership looks like
- What ‘toxic’ leadership looks like
- Why do your underlying values matter so much when you are in a leadership position?
12:30pm - Lunch and Networking
Practical Management Skills in Action - ANUMs Managing with Emotional Intelligence
This session explores why staff like working with managers that demonstrate emotional intelligence. Topics include:
- How does emotional intelligence (EI) and social intelligence (SI) differ from IQ (intelligence quotient) and why does this matter?
- The importance of determining your own level of EI and the implications of working with people with a high degree of EI
- How does this approach improve your communication, management effectiveness, and clinical outcomes?
The Relationship Between Workplace Stress and Performance in the ANUM Role
This interesting session will look at the vexatious issue of stress in the workplace, including the body’s normal defense response. It will examine how stress manifests and at what stage it becomes a concern. It will then look at the correlation between high stress and risk of incidents in the workplace. Includes:
- How to identify when you and your colleagues are experiencing extreme stress
- How to rapidly reduce stress in yourself and colleagues
- How to create a culture of calm in your workplace
2:30pm - Afternoon Tea
Action Plan for Enhancing and Applying Emotional Intelligence to Your Work
This session will explore the 'how' of developing your emotional intelligence and includes:
- Exploration of the relationship between emotional intelligence and mindfulness
- Exploration of what controls our actions and behaviours in the workplace
- What causes a team to be responsive and considered in all that it does?
4:15pm - Close of Day One of Seminar