8:30am - Registration and Refreshments
Welcome and Introduction to Seminar
Frontline Realities for ANUMs
Do you know the difference between leadership and management skills? Why does this matter? This introductory session will consider why effective leadership is crucial to best practice clinical outcomes when working in the ANUM role. Topics include:
- What is the difference between leadership and management?
- What is the role of an ANUM?
- How has it changed?
- Why does an ANUM position require both management and leadership skills?
Leadership Skills in Action
In this short session, we will discuss a range of examples of good leadership for ANUMs. In particular, it will address how collaborative work can lead to enhanced job satisfaction and improved patient outcomes. It includes:
- Why do your underlying values matter so much when you are in a leadership position?
- How do you integrate leadership skills with clinical management realities?
- How can ANUMs demonstrate leadership qualities that positively influence other staff?
10:30am - Morning Tea
Practical Management Skills in Action – Motivation and Change
A key to good management is the genuine motivation of staff. Another is the ability to make the necessary changes to work practices when required, without encountering staff resistance to new ideas or passive aggression. Find out how you can build on your leadership skills to be a better manager and to affect the outcomes you are required to achieve.
- Consider why strategy is such an important management tool
- Discover easy methods for introducing rapid change in the workplace
- Find out how to improve staff engagement and commitment
Practical Management Skills in Action – Avoiding Role Confusion
Role clarity is essential for you as an ANUM and the staff you manage. It is important that the staff clearly understand what their role is and what is expected of them in this role. Too often, job descriptions become outdated and job vagueness leads to lack of accountability and unsatisfactory staff performance. Topics include:
- How much clarity you have about your current role
- How to immediately improve employee performance through clear role definitions
1:00pm - Lunch and Networking
ANUMs Managing with Emotional Intelligence
This session explores why staff like working for managers that demonstrate emotional intelligence. It demonstrates what emotional intelligence really is and how self-awareness forms the foundations of your ability to manage and to lead. It includes:
- What are examples of managing with emotional intelligence?
- How does this approach improve your communication, management effectiveness, and clinical outcomes?
3:00pm - Afternoon Tea
Organisational Aspects of Emotional Intelligence
This final session of day one gives you an opportunity to relate aspects of emotional intelligence to your own work situations. Find out how you could improve your decision-making by tapping into your own emotional intelligence. It looks at:
- Within the framework of your workplace organisation, how will a high level of emotional intelligence assist with your ANUM role?
- How can you match your vision with that of your organisation?
4:30pm - Close of Day One of Seminar