Viewing All Courses
Ausmed Education Learning Centre is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
The standards developed by the ANCC are the highest and most rigorous in the world, and this accreditation means that you can be sure that all nursing education available through The Learning Centre meets or exceeds these high standards. Ausmed Education's provider number is P0342. Learn more about ANCC accreditation.
Loss and Grief - Part One
This Video Learning Activity (VLA) reviews the theoretical and conceptual foundations of the experience of grief.
- What is grief?
- Facts and myths
- Physical and psychological manifestations of grief
- Two contemporary models of grief
- When grief becomes complicated
This VLA will be of interest to nurses and midwives in all areas of professional practice.
Loss and Grief - Part Two
This Video Learning Activity (VLA) provides a guide for the practical assistance for people who have experienced a catastrophic loss, and those who support them.
- Ground rules for health professionals supporting those who are grieving
- Strategies for supporting those in your care, and their families as they grieve
- Supporting grief bought about by losses that do not involve a death
- Strategies for looking after yourself
This VLA will be of interest to all nurses and midwives, in all areas of professional practice.