Bipolar Disorder - A Serious Mental Health Disorder
Bipolar disorders impact the lives of many people in today’s society. However, there are many myths that surround the condition. This introductory session looks at facts that nurses need to know in order to care for those with these disorders.
- Background and aetiology
- What are the signs and symptoms?
- What is the difference between mania and depression?
- A look at the associated risks related to this condition
- Alcohol and drug related issues that complicate management
- Suicide and extreme outcomes of the disorder
- Implications for all nurses