Complementary Therapies in Aged Care
- Describes the fundamental objectives of aromatherapy
- Explains the Cedars education and professional development philosophy
- Lists documentation and care planning guidelines
- Provides examples of forms and layouts of aromatherapy sheets for both assessment and consent
- Case studies and examples of records are provided to aid explanations
This chapter offers nurses an alternative for managing the challenging behaviours of clients with dementia. It provides a comprehensive coverage of the CT policy and documentation used at The Cedars. The case report of the use of aromatherapy in the care of one wandering and agitated resident makes very interesting reading.
- Why aromatherapy?
- The aromatherapy committee
- The cedars education and professional development philosophy
- Aromatherapy policy and procedure
- Aromatherapy program policy statement and objective
- Documentation and care planning (in order of procedure)
- Case study