Dispelling Myths, Imparting Knowledge - a Guide to Client Education
- Description of how a unique bond between the patient and nurse can be achieved
- List of differing types of materials which can be used to teach the patient about their treatments
- Explanation of differing cultural and social attitudes
- The importance of instilling hope is examined
This chapter guides nurses on how to provide effective client education and relevant information which has the potential to enhance the welfare and progress of people with cancer. It explains how oncology nurses are in an excellent position to pursue the most important aspects of nursing communication and efficient imparting of information.
- Getting started
- How is this achieved and how is teaching carried out?
- Cultural and social attitudes
- Instilling hope