Documented Life and Death In a Nursing Home
- Compares and contrasts the documenting of care of a patient at two separate nursing homes
- Identifies some neglected areas of documentation which can arise
This chapter provides a hypothetical account of the last year in an elderly man's life. Ron's care in two settings (Twilight Nursing Home and Daybreak Nursing Home) is evaluated by the way end-of-life issues were documented and addressed. The chapter will provide an overview of his care in order to emphasise the fact that good documentation always underpins the preferred client outcome.
- Rules And Regulations
- Professional/Bureaucratic Tensions
- Barriers To Documenting Gerontological Nursing Care
- Nursing's Cultural Resistance To Documentation
- Nursing Care Of The Aged As Unremarkable
- Is There A Better Way?
- In Summary