Early Pregnancy Loss
- Defines 'miscarriage'
- Guidelines on how to tell parents the bad news are provided
- Lists the needs of a miscarrying woman and how to support her
- Provides a checklist for midwifery care in miscarriage and ectopic pregnancy
- Guidelines on what support is needed and how it can be given to the grieving parents
This chapter outlines and explains the needs of the parents and the support networks that are available to them. It guides midwives on how to handle each situation through explanations and checklists, so that the parents are dealt with in the most sensitive and respectful way possible.
- Breaking Bad News
- Support After Bad News Is Broken
- Post-Discharge Support
- Interesting Research Articles
- Recommended Reading