Fast Facts: Asthma
Despite the availability of many effective treatments for asthma, patients' control of the condition is often suboptimal. Now in its fourth edition, Fast Facts: Asthma delivers a clear practical message - improved asthma control can be achieved through efficient commonsense delivery of asthma care.
This highly readable and well-illustrated book examines the essentials of good asthma care, distilled from the latest international guidelines and best available evidence. These include:
- accurate asthma diagnosis
- identification of risk factors and triggers
- objective assessment of airway inflammation and severity
- practical and convenient measurement of lung function
- effective delivery of inhaled medication
- the recommended stepwise approach to asthma treatment
- recognition and treatment of acute asthma attacks
- individualised management plans and patient education.
The practical applied information presented in this fully updated edition of Fast Facts: Asthma is designed to help healthcare professionals in primary care improve treatment, reduce dependence on reliever medication, achieve near-normal lung function and improve quality of life in all patients with asthma.
- Epidemiology and natural history
- Diagnosis and classification
- Acute asthma attacks
- Exercise-induced asthma
- Future trends