Goals of Care: Ideal and Reality
- Critically evaluates palliative care as a choice for nursing home residents who are dying
- Lists and explains, with examples, many ideals and realities of caring in a nursing home
- Other issues are outlined briefly and set up for other chapters to clarify
- A list of quality issues for enhancing nursing home practices
This chapter explains in depth numerous ideals and realities of caring in a nursing home and lays a foundation for the other chapters in the book.
- Goals of care: ideal and reality
- Other issues