Health Records in the Home
- Summarises the purposes of the home health record
- Discusses how the home health record can empower patients by facilitating access to information, decision-making and choice.
- Focuses on potential problems associated with keeping the health record in the home such as anxiety and ethical dilemmas
- Provides solutions to difficulties that may arise through keeping the health record in the home
This chapter explains the advantages and potential conflicts of using home health records. It demonstrates that the rightful focus of the home health setting is the client, the care provided and the carer. It shows that the aim of community nursing is to establish a partnership between nurse and client which empowers clients to participate fully in their own care.
- The Purpose Of The Home Health Record
- The Power Shift And The Partnership
- Potential Conflicts: Potential Solutions
- In Summary
- Suggested Reading