Interconnections: Will You be My Family Too?
- Explanations of how relationships can form between room-mates and a touching story to illustrate this
- How residents may deal with fears and anxieties
- Guidance on how to deal with both the private and public residents
- Lists of ways of how to deal with disharmony and conflict
This chapter explores the complexity of communal life, highlighting the opportunities and challenges for residents, their families and carers who find themselves in a community not necessarily of their own choosing.
- Interconnections: will you be my family too?
- Fears and anxieties: don't you ever put me in that bed!
- Public and private: community of difference
- Disharmony and conflict: this is my space