Managing performance is a vital management tool if nurse managers are to inspire, motivate and lead their teams to clinical excellence. Performance management includes the evaluation of an individual’s work practice, the review of goals, the setting of new objectives and career planning.
- Objective of performance management
- Position clarification
- Benefits of performance management
- Positives and negatives of performance review
- Conducting performance reviews
- Frequency of reviews
- Who should perform a review?
- Preparation for a review
- Performance review style
- Documentation of reviews
- Support strategies
- Key performance indicators
- Effective feedback
- Poor performance and PR disagreements