Palliative Care in Chronic Illness
This chapter is concerned with specialist palliative care of people suffering from illnesses other than cancer and specifically with the provision of specialist palliative care for adults because specialist palliative-care services for children are already predominantly concerned with those experiencing conditions other than cancer.
- What is the focus of specialist palliative care?
- Is there a need for service expansion?
- Social needs
- Patient needs
- Current services
- What are the issues relating to service expansion?
- How could the services be configured?
- patient needs
- resource use
- What are the implications for the future?
- New models of working
- Collaboration and teamwork
- Research agenda