Palliative Care Nursing: A Guide to Practice - 2nd Edition
Kate White,  Jenny Abbey,  Sharon De Graves,
Leanne Monterosso,  Alan Pearson,  Annabel Pollard,
Bruce Rumbold,  Robyn Millership,  Lynn Oldham,
Mary Bredin,  Patsy Yates,  Beth Bailey,
Rosalie Hudson,  Jeannine M Brant,  Kathleen Swift,
Sheila Payne,  Jane Seymour,  Margaret O'Connor AM,
Pauline McCabe,  Regina Millard,  Amanda Kenny,
Linda Kristjanson,  David Kissane,  Davina Porock,
Karen Quinn,  Peter Hudson,  Sanchia Aranda,
Eleanor Flynn,  Wayne Naylor
Most nurses, at some stage of their career, will be called on to care for a dying person and so it is important that all nurses have the knowledge, skills, compassion and wisdom to care for people near the end of life. Palliative Care Nursing: A Guide to Practice, is a reliable and useful practice guide that will be relevant to nurses in all settings.
This book is committed to the principles inherent in the practice of palliative care – respect, dignity, excellence, advocacy, equity and accountability. The individual chapters are authored by an international team of nurses who offer evidence, research and strategies for providing the finest approaches for palliative care within different situations and environments.
The chapter topics are well chosen and encompass key issues in contemporary palliative care nursing. The chapter authors have extensively researched their allotted areas. It is now for you, the reader, to assess how to use the information to improve your practice ... I urge you to dip into those chapters that are new or a little outside your everyday experience. You will not be disappointed.
- Professor Sheila Payne, Director of the International Observatory on End of Life Care Help the Hospices Chair in Hospice Studies Director of the Cancer Experiences Collaborative President of the European Association for Palliative Care.
- Communication during transitions to palliative care
- Spirituality and palliative care nursing
- Symptom assessment in palliative care
- Nausea and vomiting in palliative care nursing
- Malignant wounds in palliative care
- Nutrition and hydration in palliative care