Political Imperative: Nurses' Work Visible by Documentation
- Discusses three main reasons why nurses and other health professionals document their work
What nurses document in their work conveys to others what nurses do. It is only by documenting what was done and how this was received that the quality of nursing care will improve and what nurses do will be recognised as worthwhile. This chapter encourages nurses to document their work so that they are accepted as useful health professionals.
- Then And Now
- The Purpose Of Nurses' Documentation
- What Do Nurses Do, And Document?
- What Nurses Document Within A System
- Hard Times, Hard Decisions And Staffing Levels
- In Summary