Setting the Scene
- Includes worldwide incidence and mortality rates for the most common cancers in women
- Informs about the various type of gynaecological cancer including: Ovarian, Cervical, Uterine, Vulval and Vaginal, as well as Gestational trophoblastic disease.
The term 'gynaecological cancer' refers to a disparate group of malignancies of a woman's reproductive system. These malignancies differ in their risk factors, clinical features, management, and prognosis. This chapter 'sets the scene' by discussing gynaecological cancer in general. Learn about the incidence and mortality rates of gynaecological cancer as well as its various types including: Ovarian, Cervical, Uterine, Vulval and Vaginal, as well as Gestational trophoblastic disease.
- Incidence and mortality
- Ovarian cancer
- Epithelial and uncommon ovarian cancers
- Cervical cancer
- Uterine cancer
- Endometrial cancer and uterine sarcomas
- General and rare vulval cancers
- Vaginal cancer
- General and rare vaginal cancers
- Gestational trophoblastic disease