Sudden Death: No Time to Say Goodbye
- How to cope when the residents death is sudden and there is no time to say goodbye
- A rare example of planned, resident-centred decision making, initiated and followed through by the resident herself
- Discussion about the nature of aged-care advocacy in its widest context (the acute-care system)
This chapter shows some gaps in the care of dying residents. Reflection on these episodes of care highlights the importance of clear communication among all carers.
- Sudden death: no time to say goodbye
- Site of care: couldn't I come back home?
- Acute care: keeping pace