The Theatre of Risk - Malignant Hyperthermia and Difficult Airway Management
- Causes of malignant hyperthermia and questions to ask in pre-operative assessment (e.g. family history)
- The effect of rhabdomyolysis and role of dantrolene
- Nursing actions and documentation including the malignant hyperthermia trolley
- Notifying the family
- Assessment of the airway and identification of the cause of problems
- Immediate actions
- Tracheal tubes and airway latency
- Written criteria for discharge of patients from PACU to ward
Suzi Querruel has been working in the perioperative field for the past decade. Her passion lies in perianaesthesia nursing and has been seeking to advance the field over the past few years. She is a tutor/lecturer for Western Sydney University [WSU] in the Bachelor of Nursing program and WSU The College in their Academic Pathways Programs. She is the unit coordinator at WSU The College for the subjects Health Communication and Skills in Health Science.
She was previously Anaesthetic Coordinator at Westmead Private Hospital and also has held Sessional Nurse Educator positions at the ...