The Whole Person
- Sets forth a holistic understanding of dementia, moving beyond the standard biomedical paradigm
- Refers to Frankl's "dimensional ontology"
- Focuses on spiritual intelligence
The dramatic increase in the longevity of older adults in our global society has brought an expansion in their numbers and in their potential for trauma and dementing illness, the most common of which is Alzheimer's disease. Dementia is one of the major health problems of our ageing society. It is the nightmare the elderly pray to avoid. This chapter sets forth a holistic model for exploring the complexities of dementia.
- Beyond the biomedical paradigm
- Frankl's dimensional ontology
- Alzheimer's patients as our teachers
- Spiritual intelligence