Revised February 2018
Terms and Conditions – Events, Seminars and Conferences
- These Terms and Conditions constitute an agreement between Ausmed Education Pty Ltd (Ausmed Education) and the person or organisation (Attendee) requesting that they personally, or their employees or contractors, attend an Ausmed Education conference or seminar (Ausmed Event).
- A request to attend an Ausmed Event must be made by the Attendee submitting to Ausmed Education a duly completed Event Registration Form and making full payment of the relevant event fee or the specified deposit. An Attendee that submits a completed Event Registration Form is deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Ausmed Education will (in its sole and absolute discretion) either accept or reject the Event Registration Form and will notify the Attendee of its decision in writing. Registration to attend an Ausmed Event is only confirmed upon Ausmed Education providing written confirmation to the Attendee. If Ausmed Education rejects the request, the amount of the relevant event fee or deposit paid by the Attendee to Ausmed Education will be promptly refunded to the Attendee.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by Ausmed Education, full payment of the relevant event fee must be received by Ausmed Education no later than 7 days before the Ausmed Event. If an Attendee submits an Event Registration Form within 7 days of an Ausmed Event, then full payment for the Ausmed Event is immediately due.
- Payment can be made by Visa or MasterCard (Credit or Debit), by cheque or by bank transfer / direct deposit. If an Attendee is paying with a Visa or MasterCard (Credit or Debit) a banking fee of 1% is additionally incurred on top of the event fee. If an Attendee is paying by cheque, the cheques should be made payable to Ausmed Education Pty Ltd, PO Box 4086, Melbourne University, Parkville VIC 3052. Please ensure that the Attendees name and registration ID is written on the reverse side of the cheque or alternatively send cheque with copy of the payment slip received on the tax invoice. Should you wish to pay by a Bank Transfer/Direct Deposit please contact Ausmed directly (03 9326 8101) to obtain our bank details or alternatively this can be found on the Tax Invoice.
- If the Attendee is an organisation and its delegate(s) to the Ausmed Event is to be changed, this must be notified to Ausmed Education at least 7 days prior to the Ausmed Event.
- In the event, that an Attendee cancels a booking within 7 days of the Ausmed Event or does not attend the Ausmed Event, monies already paid will be forfeited.
- An Attendee may cancel registration for an Ausmed Event by giving Ausmed Education greater than 7 days' notice in writing. In those circumstances, Ausmed Education will promptly refund the relevant event fee already paid by the Attendee, less a handling charge of 10% of the event fee paid. If a refund is made to a credit or debit card, then a 1% card surcharge will also be deducted from the refund.
- If an Attendee has not cancelled the registration for an Ausmed Event by giving more than 7 days' written notice, then the Attendee will remain liable for the full event fee (if such event fee has not already been paid).
- Ausmed will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that the advertised educators present at each event. If an educator withdraws from presenting at an event, a replacement educator may be scheduled by Ausmed. You agree that Ausmed may validly change or replace an educator without providing notice to the Attendee.
- Ausmed Education may cancel, change the date(s) of or change the venue / location of an Ausmed Event. In those circumstances, Ausmed Education will make all reasonable efforts to contact the Attendees who are registered to attend the Ausmed Event using the contact details provided to Ausmed Education on the Event Registration Form.
- If an Attendee is unable to attend the Ausmed Event on the rescheduled date, time or venue then Ausmed Education will provide a full refund of the relevant event fee.
- Ausmed is not liable for any Attendee travel or accommodation costs and is not liable for any out of pocket expenses incurred by any Attendee, including but not limited to travel (flights/bus/train/petrol/or other travel expenses) and accommodation in the instance of date changes, cancellation or venue change of an Ausmed Event.
- Ausmed Education accepts no responsibility for any error, omission or defects contained in any content provided by a third party at an Ausmed Event. Ausmed Education does not warrant the accuracy of information provided by any third party and accepts no liability for any loss or damage which an Attendee may suffer in reliance on it.
- The information an Attendee obtains from an Ausmed Event is not intended to be used as medical advice and should not be considered as replacement of the services or advice of a qualified health care professional. The information is general in nature and does not take into account the circumstances, physical wellbeing, mental status or medical requirements of a particular person, which are factors relevant to the correct diagnosis and treatment of any health condition. Ausmed Education expressly advises that an Attendee do not disregard, or advise others to disregard, medical advice or delay seeking it because of the information obtained at an Ausmed Event.
- In the event that any additional provisions are implied into these terms and conditions by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 or any other law or regulation in force from time to time including but not limited to guarantees, warranties, conditions and obligations on Ausmed Education, to the extent permitted by law Ausmed Education's liability will be limited to providing, at Ausmed Education's discretion, a replacement of the services provided to the Attendee (where possible) or payment of the cost of having the goods or services supplied again.
- These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of the State of Victoria and any dispute in relation to them will be heard by the courts of that State.