Conflict of Interest: Comfort Measures Only
- Case studies and examples of how to meet family members needs as well as that of the resident
- Guidance on how and to what limit cultural considerations should be given to residents from another culture when death is imminent
- Reasons to care even more profusely if a resident had dementia
- A case study about whether a patient can choose or whether they were acquiescing to the system
- How to treat death with a long-term resident in comparison to a short-term one
- Guidance on how to treat all relationships- especially the non-conventional
This chapter focuses on the resident's lived experience in its complexity; encompassing cultural, temporal and social relationship factors.
- Conflict of interest: comfort measures only
- Cultural considerations: I want to go home
- Dementia: why bother?
- The short-term resident: Ron's choice
- The long-term resident: This is my home
- Relationships: together or not?